- 1 x can chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
- 1 x cup frozen peas
- 4 x med/lge or 6 x sml shallots (sliced)
- Sml handful fresh mint (adjust to taste)
- Creamy dressing:
- 2/3 cup raw natural cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp mustard (I used wholegrain, but use whatever type you prefer)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Add ingredients for creamy dressing and 1/4 cup water to a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Add chickpeas to a bowl. At this stage you can either mash them or leave them whole depending on your preferred texture or time available.
- Add peas, shallots, mint and creamy dressing. Mix.
- Best served chilled as a side dish.
Do you want more recipes like this?
Sign-up for the monthly newsletter to be the first to receive updates, access to blog posts, recipes, helpful resources, products and book reviews.